RECALL: 760,000 lbs. of Hot Pockets for Glass
Call every college student you know to check their freezer for certain boxes of Hot Pockets. No joke. A large recall is in effect due to pieces of glass and hard plastic being found inside the handy food.
- WHAT PRODUCT: 54-oz carton packages containing 12 “Nestlé HOT POCKETS BRAND SANDWICHES: PREMIUM PEPPERONI MADE WITH PORK, CHICKEN & BEEF PIZZA GARLIC BUTTERY CRUST”
- CLASS I: This is a Class I recall with a "High" health risk, according to the USDA.
- The recall was issued on Friday, January 15th, 2021.
- WHEN WERE THESE MADE: These were produced from Nov. 13, 2020 through Nov. 16, 2020
- WHO IS INVOLVED IN THIS RECALL: Nestlé Prepared Foods, a Mt. Sterling, Ky. establishment, along with the USDA
- FURTHER PACKAGE DETAILS: "BEST BEFORE FEB 2022"
- PACKAGE LOT CODES: You'll find lot codes of 0318544624, 0319544614, 0320544614, and 0321544614 for product that needs to be thrown away.
- You can also return the product to where you purchased it for a refund. Retail locations are regularly updated on recalls and should be able to provide a refund.
- This particular product was shipped nationwide, not just to certain states so please check your freezer if you buy Hot Pocket products.
- Complaints were received about "foreign matter" being found in a few Hot Pockets such as glass or hard plastic.
- There are 3 different classes of USDA recalls and this particular recall is a Class I: "This is a health hazard situation where there is a reasonable probability that the use of the product will cause serious, adverse health consequences or death."
- If you have further questions about this recall or the safety of Hot Pocket products, you can contact Nestlé consumer services at (800) 350-5016.