Montana’s ‘TroyStrong’ Blood Drives Planned Across The State
Just recently I helped with the Montana "Pint for a pint" blood drive put on by the American Red Cross, by donating blood. Giving blood has been something that I have been involved with for the past few decades. For me it doesn't take much time and it can help so many. For every pint that is donated it can help to save three lives. It has been an annual tradition for the past few years. It is something that I feel like I need to do more of, not just once a year.
Summer Means Blood is Needed in Montana
The summer season means more need for blood donations. More people are on our roads, which unfortunately means more accidents and more need for life saving blood donations.
Montana's "TroyStrong" Blood Drive
The Montana Red Cross is once again asking for blood donations as part of their "TroyStrong" campaign that is happening across Montana in eight different cities. Troy Ross, from Great Falls, Montana, was diagnosed with a rare immune disease. 6 years ago he was in a Seattle hospital fighting for his life. While he was in the hospital his blood was needing to be replaced with the help of generous donors. Today Troy is in remission and leading a normal life in Montana. As a way of giving thanks Troy's family is helping to organize this massive state wide blood drive.
- June 8 – Bozeman, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Montana State University SUB Building
- June 20 – Bozeman, 12:30-6 p.m., Red Cross Blood Donation Center, 221 E. Oak Street
- June 21 – Helena, noon–6 p.m., Red Cross Blood Donation Center, 3150 N. Montana, Suite B
- June 21 – Havre, noon-5 p.m., St. Jude Parish Center, 440 7th Ave
- June 22 – Missoula, noon-6 p.m., Red Cross Blood Donation Center, 2401 N. Reserve St., Suite 6
- June 22 – Great Falls, noon-6:30 p.m., Red Cross Blood Donation Center, 1300 28th St.
- June 27 – Dillon, 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m., University of Montana-Western Bulldog Athletic and Recreation Center, 710 S. Atlantic St.
- June 27 -- Kalispell, noon-6 p.m., Red Cross Blood Donation Center, 126 N. Meridian Road
Please make your appointments and help show this young man the support that we have in our state to help each other out.