Get Ready Missoula, Single-Digit Temperatures Headed for Montana
Remember a few weeks ago how we would all make the casual small talk with others about how crazy it was to still have 60-degree temperatures so late in the year? For a while, we were wondering if winter weather was ever going to show up. Well, we've had a couple of snow days now and our weather has settled into its typical Christmastime temps. Will we see a white Christmas? Right now the weather guessers say there's a decent chance we will. But aside from the snow, peeking into next week we're looking at a serious cold run of weather.
The kind of cold that makes your fillings hurt!
I've seen different stories today about the "arctic cold" and "plunging temperatures" that are headed our way. It must not be quite "bone-chilling" or "teeth-rattling" weather as I haven't see those descriptions being thrown around. But it does look like we need to get ready for cold temps, especially in the overnights, to head our way. The forecast can always change when we're still five days out but it looks like negative temps are coming for us.
Play it safe!
A few things to keep in mind with the cold coming our way within the next week:
- A lot of people will be traveling for the holidays. Use a little patience while you're on the roads and watch out for hazardous conditions caused by the cold.
- Don't forget about your pets. Bring them inside if necessary.
- Wear the appropriate amount of layers to ensure warmth.
- Don't use your barbeque indoors. I feel like we all know this but you always see some crazy story on the news.
- Don't press your tongue to a poll, even if you're triple-dog-dared. Has A Christmas Story taught you nothing?
It looks like we'll be ringing in the New Year with cold temperatures. Bundle up and here's to hoping 2022 sees us moving well past the craziness of the world that we've experienced the last two years!