5 Fun Events to Check Out this Weekend in Missoula
There's a ton going on this weekend around Missoula, especially with the weather being warmer. Here are my 5 suggestions to get you, and your kids, off the couch.
- American Idiot Rock Opera - at the Montana Theatre, directly across from the front door of the Adams Center. U of M Theatre students perform the Green Day authorized rock opera, written by Billie Joe Armstrong. The super energetic Josh Farmer Band are your on stage band and the entire show is incredible, it really REALLY is, I saw it last night. For $20, you'll be kicking yourself if you miss this show, discounts for students, seniors and kids. There's a 7:30 show on 4/21 and a matinee at 2 p.m. on 4/22.
- Record Store Day - Missoula celebrates World Wide Record Store Day tomorrow (4/21) at Ear Candy Music on the Hip Strip. Ear Candy opens at 9 a.m. but expect a line earlier. Choose from hundreds of special releases specifically for Record Store Day, including goodies from Awolnation, Arcade Fire, The Cure, Diplo and Bleachers.
- Kyiyo Powwow - 50th annual celebration of the largest student run powwow in the country at the Adams Center. Grand Entry is at 7 p.m. 4/20 and noon & 7 p.m. on 4/21. $5 at the door.
- Jurassic Tour - Dinosaur expedition at the Missoula Fairgrounds, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. $23 adults, $28 kids
- 4/20 metal show at the Dark Horse - Arctodus, Zepyria, Two Foot Titan and Solara for $5 and your chance to win Alice Cooper tix from 96.3 The Blaze!